Thursday, January 19, 2006

My Menopause Blog: Flashback

I have a photo that I took of my boot sitting inside of the footprint of a hippopotamus. My foot, of course is inside the boot.

I am not at the zoo.

I am in Africa. More precisely, I'm on safari, in the Serengeti, with my man, a Swedish couple, a cook and our guide, Mr. Joseph.

I have been looking for the photo for several days. I can see it, plain as day, tucked inside a book with a few other choice shots. Yet, so far, the book and the shot have eluded me.

My purpose for bring this up is not to brag. Instead I want to marvel. The one month trip happened in January 2001. Now five year's later, in my wildest dreams, I can't wrap my head around who the hell that Sue Richards was. How did she do that....just show up in Tanzania, with a return ticket, carry on luggage and a modest stash of money belted to her belly....and nothing more. How did she end up in that jeep, with those people, and her foot greatly outsized by the print of a hippo? A hippo for crying out loud. A big bloody in the wild hippo!

When my new blog skin is up and ready, I will have a photo section. It will be called Flashback. The photos will be a retrospect of sorts. From days gone by. Hippo foot will be featured, if I can find it.

There are days that I need to remind myself of myself.

Sue Richards

Tags: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that Sue. She's still You. She's just making safaris in different terrains. Blogland, for one...

Janer xo

1/20/2006 11:03:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home