Saturday, September 24, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Memory Length

Judy at the post office was shocked when I told her that menopause messes with your memory. This after measuring the same sized parcel three times in three minutes.

Sarah claims she can feign ignorance of knowledge she had at one time. "It's gone", she tells me laughing.

My menopausal memory is fleeting. Like the wing of a bird. Sometimes a seagull. Often a hummingbird.

When I measure my memory against time, I can come in under a minute. If I gauge it against distance, going from one room to the next, upstairs, into my backyard...too close for a list, far enough for me to stare blankly, wondering what the hell I was on route to, for.

Seize the day? Bloody hell, seize the moment.

Sue Richards

1 Comments:

Blogger Sue Richards said...

Memory lapse...how kind. I feel so much better.

Thanks Cindy,

Sue

9/26/2005 10:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home