Thursday, September 29, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Life Expectancy

Erin posted a sobering comment about the life expectancy of women living in a number of third world countries. Many will never make it to their menopause due to the harsh conditions of life in their countries.

I have 3 obituaries posted on my fridge. Girlfriends. One 38, one 42, one 44. All died suddenly, from various diseases.

My own mother died at 51.

Apparently, while pregnant with me, at the ripe age of 45, she misunderstood the weight gain and exhaustion for menopause.

In her seventh month, my mom and dad decided it was time to see their doctor. Imagine if you will, two middle aged parents with a 25 year old daughter and a 10 year old son being told the following.

"Edna, George. You are going to have a baby in 6 weeks."

Sue Richards

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue,
yes, I have seen this. I am so sorry about your mother, you must have hardly known her. Perimenopause can be a contraceptive trap.
Michael

10/09/2005 09:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home