Thursday, November 24, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Intruders

My first intruder of the day, if you can call my period that, decided to drop by, unannounced, for mid-morning coffee.

"Staying long", I inquired as I rifled through my bathroom cupboard for 'the fixins'.

The usual twist of pain spoke volumes.

Well at least I get a shot of estrogen this month I thought. Might stop my hair from shedding.

My second intruder arrived under cover of darkness. I'm strangely unfazed by the experience, my first of this kind. As a future precaution, I told the cop I was going to write down my neighbours phone number and keep it by my bed.

The big, burly man in uniform looked at me with amusement, then said, "Dial 911, not your neighbour".

"Ah yes", I blushed, mentally comparing, my image of thin, artist Gareth with the man before me. "What a good idea."

Sue Richards

Tag:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'll never be called burly. Sigh.

Does possession of love handles obviate the description of me as "thin"?

11/24/2005 12:44:00 PM  
Blogger Sue Richards said...

Dear 'thin' artist.

I am not privie to your love handles my friend. I could start a rumour though..

Sue

11/24/2005 06:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I disguise them well, under love-handle cosies.

11/25/2005 12:19:00 PM  
Blogger Sue Richards said...

Dear 'thin' and 'amusing' artist,

Love handle cosies???

Be free with your love handles, hide them not. The world needs to see more love handles!!

Sue

11/25/2005 02:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home