Sunday, November 20, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Warranty Expired

I am a physical wreck.

Following Friday's collision with 'death desk', and the subsequent blackening of my left thigh, I cautiously made my way through Saturday. No crazy sex for this kitty cat. Rather, I found solace in a bottle of Italian Red and a pork tenderloin.

For reasons that defy logic, this morning, clad in a sweater and knee high slippers, I decided to muck through my largest closet. My mission. To find my old brown down coat and store my 'not warm enough for winter' leather jackets.

When my lower back seized up, it was immediately clear that I had a situation on my hands. Deep in the back of this no-woman's land, no pants in sight, I was in pain deeper than 'death desk' had dished out.

I lowered myself to the floor. This after discovering there was no way up. So, butt to the ground, I backed my way out.

Slowly.

Every movement offered the undesired feeling of having a butcher knife jabbed into my sacrum.

Too vivid?

Too bad.

Once out of the closet, I used my desk to straighten.

Sound gay?

It wasn't.

I did a quick inventory. Seemed that as long as I stayed ramrod straight, my back felt normal.

Too bad I had to pee.

That's yet another feature of menopause....frequent peeing.

But I digress. Or do I? Regardless. My body seems to be in a state of decline.

I told Gareth to put me in my composter.

Sue Richards

Tag:

6 Comments:

Blogger genderist said...

I like the 'put me in the composter' statement, but at the same time, compost is stinky and hot. Do you really want to be at one with the compost?

At least the flys wouldn't be so bad this time of year!

And thanks for stopping by my blog!

11/21/2005 08:35:00 AM  
Blogger Sue Richards said...

Hi G,

I was thinking it's time for me to be compost!!

Sue

11/21/2005 10:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Y'all should check out the song by Lee Hayes about composting himself - on a Pete Seeger live album my Mom had years ago - starts with the line: "If i should die B4 I wake, all my bone and sinew take/Put me on the compost pile, to decompose me for a while..."
It follows the metaphor to it's logical "end" - i'm sure you can imagine...

11/21/2005 02:04:00 PM  
Blogger Sue Richards said...

Perfect Janer. An anthem to play at my composting. Any suggestions on snacks?

Sue

11/22/2005 11:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue,

Not meaning to sound too esoteric, but have you tried yoga to help some of these flexibility issues? 10 - 15 minutes a day can make a world of dfference, if done correctly. Take a few classes & then you're on your own, if you choose to be. Good for the body, the mind & the spirit.

I was just introduced to your website yesterday at the One of a Kind Show. Amazing what comes up in conversation with like minded/aged women. Love it. Thanks.

Leather

11/26/2005 08:00:00 PM  
Blogger Sue Richards said...

Hi Leather,

It so true, yoga is wonderful for mind, spirit and body. Still, right now, my body has turned to cement, despite the fact that I both study and practise yoga.

I can't imagine how much worse I'd feel without my regular dose.

BTW, you've inspired me to do some posts about yoga.

Sue

11/27/2005 07:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home