Wednesday, October 26, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Be Your Own Fan

It was dramatic. Sexy too. Most definitely fun.

In mid conversation, my hot flashing, menopausal friend started to turn red, like a tomato ripening in the sun. Without skipping a beat and before beads of sweat formed on her brow, she whipped out the most elegant, black, lacey, folded, hand held fan I've ever seen, cracked it open with an easy flick of her wrist and proceed to fan her neck, down her low cut top and beneath her long glorious hair.

It was a breath taking performance art piece of the highest degree.

The fan, she explained, came from South America and cost pennies. She owned several. A couple from Japan, some from other Asian countries. All beautiful, compact and effective.

And no need to get on an airplane either. (Although, an exciting, round the world fan buying trip would likely cure what ails you too.) Simply head on over to Chinatown district of any city.

So here's the gig. If you want to be a fan of a hottie in your life, buy her a fan. It's a real cool gift.

Sue Richards

3 Comments:

Blogger EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

I don't want to be a fan of any hottie.

Hotties are my fans.
And they keep me cool when the weather is hot.

10/26/2005 02:40:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I have been so lucky that my hotflashes are few and far between but I am on hormone therapy.

If I could get the hormones straighened out I'd be much better off. This is what causes me to be such a bitch!! ;)

RB

10/27/2005 04:59:00 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

A pity in a way that fans have gone out of fashion - once considered an essential accessory for a lady, elaborate manoeuvres were undertaken to (partly) hide a ladie's blush at a gentleman's compliments - a complex but elegant flirting ritual. For long it was thought that a blush (or flush) was the only indication of female - shall we say 'interest'? Propriety, modesty and convention demanded they be concealed - one must not appear too eager, must we?

But are we any better off now? Well the other way was more fun.

10/28/2005 01:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home