Thursday, October 20, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Evening Primrose Oil

Lest you think I spend all my time vacuuming up my thinning hair and losing my nouns in a flap of female helplessness, I will share some menopause remedies that I have come to know.

Evening Primrose Oil is a natural estrogen promoter. Since dwindling estrogen is a key contributor to menopausal symptoms, it's a good idea to help your own natural estrogen production. A little hired help if you will.

I take one 1000mg gel tab of Efamol Evening Primrose Oil a day and have for several months. I started pretty much when my period was missing in action the first time. It's part of my nature. Prevent disaster, be prepared, stay healthy.


Apparently, Evening Primrose Oil helps reduce hot flashes too. Which may very well be the case since I've only had a couple. And Primrose is a source of essential fatty acids which everyone and there mother will tell you is good for you.

For the horticulturally curious amoung you, the plant is tall with multiple bright yellow flowers, about the size of a flattened quarter, densely spaced on the single stem. Every evening, just at sunset, the tightly closed flowers pop open like popcorn kernels to the delight of anyone watching.

Hence the name. Evening Primrose.

Sue Richards

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Evening Primrose

Sue, do you know if you can post images here?!

10/23/2005 01:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home