Friday, October 14, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Yoga

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Photo Credit: Melanie Gillis

I practice yoga.

Every week.

Sometimes, when I don't have my head stuffed up my arse, I manage a daily practice. Strangely, despite the powerful positive effects that yoga has on my state of just about everything, I still forget to bloody well do it. Or maybe it's that ridiculous inertia that human adults are so famous for. Whatever the reason, I have yet to make daily yoga practice a habit.

This image is not me. This photo is November in the 2003 Breast of Canada calendar that I publish.

The model is a yoga instructor. She has a presence that you can see several blocks away. Her body ease is marvelous. I aspire to such gracefulness.

That's what is so cool about yoga. It helps you to fall in love with your body. Which I've decided is a good thing. After all, we spend a lot of time together.

Sue Richards

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Yes, embrace yourself. Let us love our bodies for we live in a culture where hate of our bodies is a powerful force.

10/21/2005 09:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home