Tuesday, October 04, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Cone of Silence

Carolyn seemed relieved. At the Breast of Canada calendar launch, I publicly announced my loss/lapse of mind, hair and eye sight as part of the peri-menopause experience.

Apparently, Carolyn was also becoming noun deficient.

Simple words gone.

Like 'mist'.

"Oh look honey, isn't the....um....wet, grey stuff pretty"?

I told the audience that I was entering yet another 'cone of silence' in women's health and blowing the lid off.

I got a cheer.

Sue Richards

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Kudos Sue!!! So glad it went well. Good for you. I admire the work you are doing. Wait til you fully get to menopause. I am going through a bought of acne. I never, ever had acne my entire life but thanks to the hormones...now I do. 38 and I have huge pimples. What the hell? Hang in there sister!!

RB

10/04/2005 09:15:00 PM  
Blogger Sue Richards said...

Funny you should mention zits. I've got a mountain forming on my left cheek. When she blows..it will be ugly.

And me with out any crack filler.

Zits-R-Us.

Sue

10/05/2005 01:15:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

LOL mine was on the right cheek! What the hell is up with the menopausal acne?? I mean I spend a fortune on Lancome facial cleansers!! Thank GOD for concealer and all the makeup tricks I learned as a make up artist ;)

10/09/2005 06:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue,
the applause was well deserved. Silence is our worst enemy.
Michael

10/09/2005 09:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home