Monday, December 12, 2005

My Menopause Blog: From Mrs. Claus - 2

Dear Ms. Richards,

Perhaps I've over reacted.

In searching through Mr. Claus' files, I have discovered millions of love letters from women all over the world. Billions really. Staggering to contemplate the impact my husband has on the females of the world. I hadn't really considered the implications until just now. And I will add, all thanks to your letter.

I've been blind to my own experience. It's so stressful at this time of year. I'm baking from dawn til dusk, the elves are a handful and Santa insists that I check his lists three and four times to make sure he hasn't forgotten anyone. I'm run off my feet. And as you pointed out, I'm no spring chicken, although I'm pleased to hear that you don't think I'm a day over 55.

Fortunately, I am enjoying a taste of post menopausal zest this year. But the same old, same old routine is sucking the life out of me. You'd think I'd be used to the hustle and bustle of the season, but I do get wound up. And there aren't many women my age or species up here that I can have a good yarn with. I'm feeling a bit house bound and lonely.

So I do apologize for flying into a frosty rage and blaming you for all my frustrations. I do have choices. I'm simply not making them.

As for a menopausal tip, I find a good foot massage does me a world of good. I've trained four of the elves in a combination of Reike and Shiatsu. Their tiny fingers do a wonderful job of releasing tension. I just sit by the fire, with my feet up, sipping a glass of Sherry and let them go to town. Think I'll call the little scamps in right now and start the week off on a better foot. Heh Heh.

Thanks for your letter. I'd be pleased if you'd write again.

Season's Greetings,

Merry Claus

Tag:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home