Tuesday, January 10, 2006

My Menopause Blog: Seeking Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Information

I know squat about Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.

Besides the excited exclamation of the woman I spoke about in yesterdays post, a couple of other passing comments, here's the sum total of my knowledge.

Bioidentical Hormone Therapy is a natural version of Hormone Replacement Therapy. BHT is made from different plant hormones that are like those in a woman's body. Each BHT prescription is hand-mixed and the dose can vary from patient to patient.

Plus my gut feeling which I trust to have innate knowledge that my fat head doesn't retain. There's a notion deep in my gut, that BHT is the far superior way to go for those of us who want relief from menopausal symptoms, but not through risky chemical intervention.

I will seek more information and report back with the findings.

Tally ho......as I gallop off onto the tangle of the menopause trail.

Sue Richards

, , .

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to reading what you find!

1/10/2006 04:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me, too.

1/10/2006 10:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a pharmacist working in a compounding pharmacy. One of our specialties is Bioidentical Hormone Replacement (BHRT). Ive read books, attended conferences and reviewed studies regarding BHRT and would be happy to talk to you about it.

Basically BHRT uses hormones in medications that are exact molecular replicas of the hormones your body would normally produce. Some women take capsules, others apply cream to the skin or vaginally, and some will even use drops under the tounge.

Please feel free to contact me (Nicole) about BHRT at 1-888-433-2334 or email me at nicole@strathconapharmacy.com.

I offer half hour consults, by apointment only, to women interested in BHRT (there is a $50 per half hour charge for this service.)

Please feel free to check out our website www.strathconapharmacy.com

1/13/2006 03:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home