Friday, September 02, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Menopause Treatment

Treatment means many different things to many different people. We can complain about the treatment we get from other people. If you suffer from an addiction, you may find yourself in a treatment program. And of course there are all sorts of fluffy treatments we apply to our bodies...nail treatments, hair treatments, yadda yadda yo.

In my very dog eared dictionary, two definitions for treatment stand out.

1. the systematic effort to cure illness and relieve symptoms.
2. the act or manner of treating.

Given that we all know that menopause is NOT an illness but rather a natural state of your bodies affair, the idea of menopause treatment could easily be a hybrid of the two definitions.

If I may be so bold as to add to the dictionary....here's my take on treatment as it applies to menopause.
3. treating oneself in an ongoing manner that supports the changes associated with the natural evolution in a woman's life cycle.
I want to be kind and respectful to ALL of myself, including my body, especially during a time of change. I'm a team contained in a human being, with everything working together. The more integrated I approach My Menopause, the more positive and empowered I will feel.

Sue Richards

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/02/2005 12:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue
I agree with your semantics. In fact the idea of 'treating' menopause seems quite misleading. What we have to guard against is the insidious effort to convince us there is a 'cure' for everything, even the natural evolution of our lives.
Michael

10/09/2005 06:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home