Friday, December 23, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Cougars

Moving right along through the animal kingdom, I feel compelled to draw attention to the cougar. Not the feline version, the menopausal.

Apparently, according to my highschool aged neighbour I am one. A cougar. Even though, as I have stated numerous times, I'm a dog person.

This was news to me on many levels. Cougars were cats up to that point in my understanding of the world. To compare me with a cat was like saying cheese is like an orange. Maybe sometimes in colour, but that's where it ends.

My nature is pure dog. Think body wag, wanna go for a walk, scratch my ear, gotta cookie, play chase a stick, then drop into a deep sleep curled up on the couch/bed/mat energy. Still, the cougar tutorial did explain a rather unusual experience that had recently occurred. I was sitting in a bar, waiting for my crowd of older farts to arrive for the celebration of something or other, when this young fellow approached, very close and told me he wanted to spend his life with me.

Dumbfounded I asked why?

Apparently, that's not the right comeback. Our encounter pretty much fizzled out right then and there. A real cougar would have pounced.

Even though I don't fit the predatory profile, I do think promoting the menopausal woman as a cougar is a good thing. Much more fun than say painting us with the dried up prune brush.

Sue Richards

Tags: , , .

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's something to look forward to! Turning into a cougar is a pretty exciting thought! Happy holidays. Michele sent me!

12/23/2005 07:20:00 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Maybe you were supposed to jump up and bite his head off ;)
Michele sent me today.

12/23/2005 07:37:00 PM  
Blogger Panthergirl said...

Hey, I'm a menopausal PANTHER and totally a dog person...

Here via michele!

12/23/2005 07:45:00 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I agree, cougar is so much better than prune. :) I also don't think I'd have answered the bar come-on the same way. I'm so not a predator in those situations. A good sale? Maybe.

Here from Michele's.

12/23/2005 08:03:00 PM  
Blogger Prego said...

Was that you? What are the chances!
p

here via michele tonight.

12/23/2005 09:09:00 PM  
Blogger Joe said...

Hello!

Visting via Michele tonight.

12/23/2005 09:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home