Thursday, December 22, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Gorillas, Vegetarians and a Vegan

AllHeadlineNews reported the following today:

"A study of female gorillas at 17 North American zoos found that, similar to women, they (mature gorillas) undergo menopause."

Even though no other details were offered, my mind instantly started imagining a gorilla having a hot flash or mood swing. Forgetfulness....fur lose....itching....bladder control issues.

King Kong move on over....meet Queen Kong!!!

Very loosely related by time and the notion that 'you are what you eat', I offer my own menopausal study.

According to my conversations with one vegan and two vegetarian menopausal women at last evenings Solstice gathering, none had experienced a single hot flash.

Could the omnivore , of which I am one, be hotter than the vegetable filled?

And since gorillas are herbivores, the animal version of vegetarian, will they be blessed with a cool change of life experience?

Sue Richards

Tags: , , .

1 Comments:

Blogger My Daily Struggles said...

Greetings from south of the border. Happy holidays. I'm a dog person, too.

12/22/2005 04:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home