Thursday, September 08, 2005

My Menopause Blog: Ovarian Cancer

This morning, following a torrential downpour, I was saddened to find a somewhat soggy Globe and Mail newspaper sitting in my front yard. After yet another night of roaming my house and muttering to my poodle lamp, I was looking forward to my normal morning ritual.

But no. When it rains, indeed it does tend to pour.

Right now, I have sheaves of newspaper draped throughout my house, drying out and getting puffy.

I'm no fan of puffy newspapers. But this is not my posts point.

Despite the mess, one story in the front section caught my eye as I lay it over my kitchen chair. In fact, so tuned into the menopause experience am I, this particular line jumped right out at me.

"Too often, she said, symptoms of ovarian cancer are mistaken for other conditions, such as menopause."

Read the full story at the link below to find out who 'she' is and more about yet another 'cancer' with a female signature.
Most women don't know ovarian cancer symptoms.

Sue Richards

P.S. My blog has moved to http://www.mymenopauseblog.com.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/08/2005 05:05:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I had symptoms of ovarian cancer for two years and didn't know it. The doctor found a cyst the size of a football! I'm damn lucky to be here. They call ovarian cancer the silent killer...the disease that whispers...so many women have it and have no idea until it's too late. September is National Ovarian Cancer Awareness month!

9/08/2005 05:05:00 PM  
Blogger Sue Richards said...

When I posted this info, you came to mind. Thanks for your comment and added information.

Sue

9/08/2005 05:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home