Thursday, February 02, 2006

My Menopause Blog: Computer Angst

My sexy new blog skin is almost ready to be hatched.

The team at Barking Dog Studios have done a sweet job with every little detail. I suspect you fine readers will be swooning when we go live.

Still, even with a team of pros, I am a bag of nerves when it comes to any of my work that requires computer technology. I can change the oil in my car, but when faced with an email error message...this chick is in the dark, huddled in a corner, with the edge of her blankie stuck in her mouth.

It all stems back to my first and only university level computer course. So keen was I too learn this 'new' way of communicating, way back in 1981, certain that I would excel, what with my excellent marks in typing, math and accounting tucked under my beaded belt. Within the second class, my confidence started dripping from ever pore. Nothing made sense. I started doing double time classes, hired a tutor, lived in the computer lab, only to end with a spectacular 32% final mark.

Thirty two percent screams: Not a fucking clue.

I hid it all rather well simply by jumping into more art and psychology courses, which I did have a natural handle on. But the damage was clearly done. My fear of computers penetrated deep into my consciousness.

Perhaps the next time I have a flash...like in about 15 minutes, I should cast my mind back to that shameful time and see if I can burn that debilitating memory to cinders.

I do hate it when I still react to things that happened 25 years ago.

Sue Richards

I've moved to: www.mymenopauseblog.com

Tags: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just found your blog & have linked to it on my site. Hope you don't mind? :)

Looking forward to reading & learning here & can't wait to see your new site!

2/03/2006 09:47:00 AM  
Blogger Sickie Vickie said...

Hey Suze - cannot wait to see your new site! Congrats. I'm loving mine, have you seen it yet? It's linked on my regular one. See it if you get a chance - I have your blog and 1 other kinda showcased. - Victoria

2/03/2006 08:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi V,

I'm live at mymenopauseblog.com.

Your site is very cool.....shall I change your link in my Club Meno links?

Sue

2/03/2006 10:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home