Tuesday, January 31, 2006

My Menopause Blog: Saliva Test Ordered

My order fax just went through for one, count em, one saliva test.

The cost threw me off at first. One Hundred and five dollars in Canuck Bucks, including shipping seemed out of my range. But then a funny thing happened. My Hot Flash dial got turned up several notches and I turned into a blazing furnace.

Take Saturday for instance.

I ran the Information Table at the 25th Organic Agriculture Conference. Normally a freezing affair, this year, I darn near melted. I was soaked more than once. Red in the face several times. Flashing my stomach brought some relief as I fanned myself with my untucked shirt. But mostly, I cooked in my own juices.

How organic is that!!

Sunday was no different. I was exhausted from all the effort required to simply keep cool and sane. Today, I fished out the Saliva Test form and put these wheels in motion.

I'm also thinking of buying a fire extinguisher. Just a small one. Something I can slip in my pocket and use for the real spine burners.

Sue Richards

I've moved to: www.mymenopauseblog.com

Tags: , , , .

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pretty damn sure, yea, I'd say 100% certain, that hot flashes kill germs and viruses--think about it, how many times have you been sick since you've gotten them? I have felt something coming on, and then I have felt a good flash just nip it in the bud, wipe it out! Yahoo!

2/01/2006 03:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home